Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Explore 100 remarkable moments in the extraordinary life of Dolly Parton with this illustrated retrospective of her most amazing achievements.
Everyone’s favorite country music star and American icon, Dolly Parton, has accomplished incredible things in her life, from releasing the hit “I Will Always Love You” to creating a nonprofit for children. This beautiful volume will take you on a journey through Dolly’s life. Look back on her star roles
, hit songs
, and philanthropic aspirations
, all accompanied by photos from throughout the years
Some of the notable moments you will find include:
Dolly Parton: 100 Remarkable Moments in an Extraordinary Life
- At 13 years old, Dolly graced the stage at The Grand Ole Opry, easily the most prestigious country venue in Nashville
- Dolly’s start in show business: Dolly launched her first country album, Hello, I’m Dolly, in 1967
- Dolly’s rise to superstardom: her famous song “I Will Always Love you” hits the country music charts
- Classic movie moments from 9 to 5 to The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas to Steel Magnolias
- The creation of her incredibly popular resort and theme park, Dollywood
- Dolly’s philanthropy efforts and her $1 million donation for COVID vaccine research
- And so much more!
is a stunning tribute to your favorite all-American icon.
Each book in the 100 Remarkable Moments series
is a stunning tribute to a different pop culture icon, visually chronicling 100 extraordinary events that define their legacy. Interviews with friends and colleagues, and over 100 magnificent photographs, combine to create an illustrated retrospective of achievements and contributions readers of all ages will enjoy. Also available: Betty White: 100 Remarkable Moments in an Extraordinary Life Hardcover Edition; Betty White: 100 Remarkable Moments in an Extraordinary Life Paperback Edition; Betty White: 100 Remarkable Moments in an Extraordinary Life 2nd Edition
About the Author
Tracey E. W. Laird is a professor of music at Agnes Scott College in Decatur, Georgia. She is the author or editor of four books, including Austin City Limits: A History (Oxford University Press, 2014) and Austin City Limits: A Monument to Music (Insight Editions, released in September 2015), the latter co-authored with her spouse, who is also a writer. She has contributed a chapter on “Country Music and Television” to the collection The Oxford Handbook of Country Music (Oxford University Press, 2017). Her perspective on the twenty-first century is part of the 50th Anniversary edition of Bill Malone’s seminal Country Music, U.S.A. (University of Texas Press).