(1) Bring a friend. Bring a friend to our store, a program, an event. Introduce us to more free thinking folks!
(2) Volunteer. Help with everyday tasks, at programs, we always have things that need to be done and love the company. Email email@example.com to find out about volunteer opportunities.
(3) Give gift certificates. What better way to show your love to someone you care than to give them the gift of community?
(4) Make your own wish list up at Charis or online at Indiebound.com. Once you've spent hours listing everything you could ever want from us, just tell your friends and loved ones to trot on down to Charis and ask for your wish list or to look you up on indiebound.com. Hey, you'll get gifts you really love and you can support a good cause.
(5) Ask your professors, your child's teachers, your school, office, or organization to think about buying their books through Charis. They'd be surprised at how easy it is.We are always open to doing a book table at a community event or at a conference or school. Email Sara@charisbooksandmore.com to inquire about book tables in the community.
(6) Educate yourself and others about why buying local and independant helps all of us. Below are just a few reasons from indiebound.com. We're sure you can think of many more.
(7) Get involved with our non-profit programming arm, Charis Circle. A donation of even $20 a month makes a huge difference in the sustainability of our space.
When you shop at an independently owned business, your entire community benefits:
- Spend $100 at a local and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- More of your taxes are reinvested in your community--where they belong.
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors—support them and they’ll support you.
- Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.